I love the smell of quack in the morning. Here's your morning fix. It's game day in the Pac-10, so we see a predictable focus on hoops this morning. Jump in with your own additions, comments and links of interest to the ATQ community.
- Jeremiah Masoli for Heisman! Come on, you knew this was coming. Check out Andy McNamara's GoDucks.com post - that's right, the Masoli for Heisman campaign is officially on. Andy compares some statistics, and the argument for Masoli may be more compelling than you'd expect. Read on.
- Getting ready for UW... Bob Clark suggests the Ducks are in for a physical matchup in tonight's game versus John Brockman and the Huskies. See his preview.
- Mike Tokito of The Oregonian also takes a look at gameday around the Pac-10. John Hunt looks at how the Ducks have gone from the Big Dance to the Pac-10 cellar. Bob Candotta of the Seattle Times weighs in with his keys to the game.
- The R-G's Rob Moseley posted a late piece about the Ducks putting a blitz on some of the top-100 football recruits...again. The program is continuing its trend of being in the mix for some of the nation's very best. See Rob's notes.
- Ken Goe of the Oregonian thinks Mark Sanchez bolting for the NFL is a plus for Oregon and other potential 2009 Pac-10 football contenders. Just a hunch here, but I'm guessing Pete Carroll disagrees.
- Of course today is the deadline for NFL-eligible juniors and RS sophomores to declare for the draft. No word yet on the status of Jairus Byrd. We'll post something as soon as the news breaks.
UPDATE: Thanks MarineCorpsDuck for the assist...The Oregonian is now reporting that Byrd will go to the NFL.
- Bumped into this from a few days ago...you might find it interesting. Seems University of Oregon President Dave Frohnmayer didn't like a professor's assertion the school puts athletics before academics. This is Ducky Dave at his brilliant best.