Here is some quick notes on the Duck news out there for this weekend.
- Mosley expects that Oregon will introduce their new defensive line coach, Jerry Azzinaro from Marshall, sometime around signing day. Obviously nothing is confirmed but if Rob feels that comfortable saying it, and given the fact that Azzinaro has cleaned out his desk at Marshall, this may be pretty much done.
- Anthony Leon apparently thinks the Arkansas Razorbacks are a better fit than Oregon and has decommitted from the Ducks and committed to Arkansas. I'm betting this was due to academic reasons but who knows.
- Cliff Harris, regarded as the nation's best cover corner, has committed to Oregon. Seems to be concerns about his academics, however.
- The Women's Hoops team had only scored 10 points by halftime in their loss to Cal on Saturday. The women are right in the middle of the Pac-10 at 4-4.
- Laird Prosser, a letter-winner for the Track and Cross Country Teams during the late 90's, has died due to complications from diabetes.
- Let's not forget Competitive Cheer! Er...wait, I mean... Team Stunts and Gymnastics.