Mmmmm, quack rocks! And quite a few of them considering no hoops tonight.
- Bob Clark of the R-G posted a warm fuzzy about the Sim family being divided over the upcoming Civil War. Garrett the Duck faces the Beavs for the first time - Mom and Dad are both OSU alumns and older brother Brennan is an OSU quarterback.
- Folks, all is not bleak on the recruiting front. Rob Moseley reminds us that with four scholarships remaining to be offered, Oregon is still in the running for some big-time offensive skill players. BTW - Mike Bellotti visited Bryce Brown in Kansas earlier this week. Let's hope that went well.
- Rob Moseley also answers some questions about JC transfers and Oregon's academic standards.
- Clark also blogs about what he thinks the Ducks basketball team needs in terms of recruits. With one scholarship left to offer, I vote for anyone who can actually put the ball in the basket from two feet out.
- Mike Tokito of The Oregonian posted his preview of the upcoming Civil War along with his notes on this week's Pac-10 matchups.
- This is fun... Aaron Fentress of The Oregonian (a former journalism colleague of mine in college, BTW) has a nice piece about Dennis Dixon soaking up the Super Bowl experience. I'm not partial toward either team this year, but given what Double-D went through last season, I'd like to see him get a big ring with diamonds.
- If you missed it a couple days back the R-G's Greg Bolt wrote an interesting piece on concerns some people have about ticket prices and seating at the new arena. Want great seats? Best cough up some big dough.
Jaison Williams will play in Saturday's Texas vs. The Nation All-Star Classic, in El Paso. Don't miss it! 12:00 noon Pacific Time on CBS.
- Around the horn: Oregon Men's and Women's indoor track teams are both top-10 in the initial 2009 rankings released yesterday by the USTFCCCA (10 points for you if you know what that acronym means without cheating...). A rehash of dvieira's fan shot post last night...some UO baseball games to be televised. It appears the Ducks starting lineup for baseball is starting to take shape. Women's tennis player Carmen Seremeta is the GoDucks.com student-athlete of the week.