Two weeks ago was Bye Week. Last week was Hate Week. This week? It's Backhanded Compliment Week. Take it in stride, Matt Barkley. As the linked letter states, "Your eardrums are what we are after—and we will stop at nothing to get them. PS: Nice hair." Here's your Morning Quack Fix:
- The Oregonian's John Hunt has article on the similarities between this weekend's matchup with USC and the game in 2007. I'd forgotten how eerily similar the circumstances were two years ago. Just in time for Halloween.
- ESPN.com's Ted Miller runs through some quick facts about this weekend's upcoming Pac-10 matchups. Did you know the Ducks have the nation's No. 16 scoring offense and the Trojans the nation's No. 16 scoring defense? Something's gotta give.
- The Oregonian's Aaron Fentress discusses former Oregon center Enoka Lucas's fresh start in the United Football League with the Florida Tuskers. It's good to hear Lucas has found a place to play pro football after unsuccessfully pursuing a career in the NFL.
- If you watched Buffalo's win over Carolina on Sunday, you already know about Jairus Byrd's recent success in his rookie year in the NFL. In case you don't know, Sal Maiorana of the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle has a great piece on Byrd's budding stardom. Maiorana points out Byrd's on pace to take home the defensive rookie of the year award if he continues to play as well as he has.
- Bleacher Report scribe Fletcher Johnson issued his weekly Oregon Strategy Session, obviously discussing Oregon's ensuing matchup with USC. Always worth a read if you have time.
As always, leave any relevant links or comments below.