Rose Bowl preparations are finally under way as the Ducks began practice last Friday. With that, we have a little more quack than last Tuesday. Enjoy!
- In Monday practice news, Nate Costa was back after missing the first three Rose Bowl practices (all absences were excused). Moseley notes that both Diante Jackson and Cliff Harris made nice plays during the practice session. John Hunt has a brief blog entry up that notes the Ducks practice schedule until they depart for Pasadena on Christmas Day.
- In today's Register-Guard, Ron Bellamy takes us back to the 1958 Rose Bowl against Ohio State. tOSU came in as 19-point favorites and escaped with a 10-7 victory. For those of you not familiar with the details, it's definitely worth a read.
- Continuing the ongoing Register-Guard feature that spotlights members of this year's Rose Bowl team, today's Duck of the Day is John Boyett.
- John Hunt and Jeff Smith have a piece that looks at the different paths taken by two of the top dual-threat quarterback recruits of 2008: Terrelle Pryor and Darron Thomas.
- Mike Tokito has a blog entry up discussing a trend that most of us are aware of: Ohio State's recent inability to come through in the big game. This is, of course, all relative. OSU has lost three consecutive BCS bowl games, including back-to-back national championship bowl games. I wish I could say the same for Oregon. That said, once you begin reaching those levels consistently, simply being there isn't enough. Here's hoping Oregon makes it four straight BCS losses for the Buckeyes.
- A little under the radar yesterday, but the Ducks landed a JC recruit, defensive lineman Isaac Remington who will have two years to play two. Bob Rickert notes that Remington plans to be on campus in January.
- Luke Andrews of the Mail Tribune has a feature piece on E.J. Singler, who has now started three straight games after nearly redshirting this season. This week, the basketball team hosts Mississippi Valley State on Wednesday and Oakland on Saturday as they look to end their recent struggles that have seen them go 1-4 over their last five games. I will be in town for both these as well as the Idaho State game -- anyone interested in checking out the games?
As usual, post any comments or links below.