Hopefully you're done with the shopping, the malls, the traffic and the crowds. Frazzled? You're not alone. Here's a bit of Quack to help take the edge off.
- Rob Moseley continues his Duck-of-the-day series with Oregon's leading receiver heading into the Rose Bowl, Jeff Maehl.
- Stephen Alexander of the Portland Tribune caught up with kicker Morgan Flint, who teamed up with Nate Costa to save one of the biggest extra point kicks in school history.
- Catch up on some of the latest Duck recruiting news...I know I've been tough on Bob Rickert in the past, but recruiting seems to be an area where he's well connected. See his latest notes and some predictions.
- Chip Kelly received three AP Coach-of-the-Year votes, finishing fourth behind TCU's Gary Patterson, Cincinnati's (now Notre Dame's) Brian Kelly and Alabama's Nick Saban. For whatever reason, I find myself bristling a bit at OregonLive's use of the word "routed" in their reference to Chip finishing fourth.
- Bill Rabinowitz of the Columbus Dispatch gives Buckeye fans a nice primer on the history of Duck football, stating that now is Oregon's glory days.
Yeah, it's a little thin today. Keep your eye out for anything interesting through the holiday weekend. And be sure to get your nominations in for the 2009 Amanda Award. Happy holidays fellow ATQers.