It's just a matter of counting down the hours now. The build-up just continues to, well, build. Here's your daily dose:
- They're dancin' in the rain down south. A little liquid sunshine won't put a damper on the spirit of Duck fans who are partying full force already in Pasadena.
- I've know R-G lifestyle columnist Bob Welch and his family for many years. Understanding the, especially in Eugene, athletics is a part of many people's daily lives, Bob occasionally dips his toes in the sports pool. Today he predicts a Duck win, based on the important things: you know, things like humility, bands and fashion.
- Rob Moseley and Ed Dickson reflect on Ed's stellar career and what's left of Oregon's 2005 recruiting class.
- From John Hunt of the Oregonian: The Chip Kelly / Jon Gruden love fest continues...the former NFL coach and now MNF caught up with Oregon's head coach in Pasadena. Hunt follows up with a report about how some Ohio State players may be taking some exception with Oregon's confidence.
- ESPN's Adam Rittenberg talks with Oregon defensive lineman Brandon Bair...no word on whether Bair put his hands in Rittenberg's face. See the video. Rittenberg and Ted Miller in a blogger debate: Ohio State v. Oregon.
- Jason Vondersmith of the Portland Tribune writes that both Chip Kelly and Jim Tressel are anxious to get it on. Vondersmith also weighs in with some thoughts about how the Rose Bowl could go.
- Check out this slide show from the pre-game festivities in Pasadena.
- Did you see this one? Former Duck Bob Peterson of Myrtle Point, OR, sat down with John Gunther of the Coos Bay World...Peterson reflecting on the Ducks' 1958 Rose Bowl against Ohio State. Gunther, by the way, played both ways and never came off the field as the Ducks gave the heavily favored Buckeyes all they could handle.