All the Quack that's fit to print.
It's Pac-10 game day, with our Ducks looking for conference win number one in Pullman tonight. The Cougs are not the same team they've been the past couple years and the Ducks will be hungry to knock someone off. A winning formula? We'll see.
- The run of articles with a "let's try to stay positive" feel continues as the R-G's Bob Clark dissects Tajuan Porter at the free throw line. He's among the nation's best at the stripe.
- Here's the press release for tonight's game against Washington State. Trust me, dvieira's preview will probably be more interesting a little later today.
- John Hunt of the Oregonian let's us in on a little ritual Ernie has for players who don't attend class - this time it's Kamyron Brown and LeKendric Longmire. Jeez, what's with Ducks and not going to class? It's not even nice spring weather yet.
- Back to football... Moseley reports that the Ducks are changing up their spring practice routine this year. Practices will begin about 8:30 a.m., a move that coach Mike Bellotti says has been well received by players.
- Did you know Bellotti is chairman of the NCAA footbal rules committee this year? Taunting, celebrations - think the Jake Locker debacle - and dangerous hits - think Boise State and Jeremiah Masoli - were among the topics discussed. Here's the NCAA's release from Wednesday.
- PK Park is ready to go. Adam Jude of the R-G confirms, yes, beer will be served at the stadium, at least within specified areas
Kind of a slow news day...maybe everyone's actually going to class today. I hope so. See you at the open thread tonight.