Happy Hump Day. Let's have us some quack:
- In recruiting news, the Miami Herald reports Bryce Brown will not sign with Miami, narrowing his list of suitors to Auburn, Kansas State, Tennessee, USC and Oregon.
- After breaking the U.S. indoor record for the 5,000 meters, Galen Rupp has been named USA Track & Field's athlete of the week. Oregon's indoor team continues to impress, and Rupp is a big part of their success.
- It sounds like the Oregon men's basketball team is pretty banged up. LeKendric Longmire, Churchill Odia and Drew Wiley all sat out Tuesday's practice due to injuries sustained last weekend in Washington. Coach Kent hopes all three will be ready to play in Thursday's game against Cal.
- Meanwhile, Cal coach Mike Montgomery thinks Oregon's men's basketball team is "not bad," and that the Ducks "do lots of stuff." Thanks, Mike. Aren't Stanford and Cal types supposed to be smart or something?
- And finally, ESPN.com's Pat Forde mentioned the Ducks in this week's rendition of his "Forde Yard Dash" college hoops equivalent, "Forde Minutes." Not surprisingly, the mention isn't exactly positive.