Welcome to another quacktastic Pac-10 Thursday. Hopefully I won't get caught peddling Quack within 1,000 yards of any public school.
- Over at Oregon Live, John Hunt has an Oregon v. Cal gameday preview. Cal leads the nation in 3-point accuracy. Isn't that something Oregon is supposed to be good at? I guess at this point the Oregon team can take that now cliche "let's shock the world" approach to every game.
- Hunt also writes about Ernie's insistence that this Oregon team is "marching forward". Hunt asks: Marching forward to what?
- The R-G's Ron Bellamy also posted his preview of tonight's game against Cal. Three guys with concussions - maybe the Huskies should have fielded their basketball team during football season. Evidently the hoops guys at UW hit harder.
- Jeff Smith of The Oregonian writes that the starting lineup for the baseball team's first game is starting to take shape.
- Was landing George Horton as baseball coach huge or what? Consider that yesterday Adam Jude of the R-G reminded us that the Ducks have landed a verbal commitment from THE top-rated recruit, a 6-3 lefty pitcher named Tyler Matzek.
- No, that's not Terrance Scott you see lining up at Quarterback this spring. Jeremiah Masoli has changed from #2 to #8 for the upcoming football season.
- Rob Moseley's blog includes the obligatory Bryce Brown update. Bryce's advisor has told CBSsports.com that Miami is not out as a possible choice for his prize running back. Did anyone really believe Miami wasn't willing to reissue a new letter of intent if Brown decides in March that Miami is his school?
- ESPN's Ted Miller today breaks down where Pac-10 teams stand at the kicker position. His take on Oregon: "We'll see: The Ducks signed one of the nation's best prep kickers, Mike Bowlin." Question - isn't it still Morgan Flint's job until Bowlin takes it away from him?
- Uncertainty surrounds former Oregon women's golf coach Shannon Rouillard, writes The Oregonian's Jeff Smith. Rouillard is still working in the Oregon athletic department, but so far doesn't have a new title and her frustration is mounting.