Well, here we are. One day away from signing day. As such, most of the news out there is recruiting-related. Enjoy.
- Following up on Jared's comment in yesterday's fix thread, John Hunt reports that prep DT Justin Brown has committed to Oregon. Hunt also makes the same joke as Jared.
- Rob Moseley writes about the three newest football commits in today's Register-Guard. In addition to Justin Brown and Braxton Lane, Moseley reports that the Ducks got a commitment from prep QB Daryle Hawkins from Nebraska. Apparently, Hawkins had been set to sign with Northern Iowa, which is where Oregon picked up its new receivers coach.
- Scout.com has a recruiting article up that lists the "instant Impact Players" from this year's class. The first player listed is Cliff Harris, who they believe might get a chance to play soon given Bryrd's departure and the readiness of past DBs from his high school to play at the collegiate level. Oh, and that Bryce Brown guy is also listed.
- Ted Miller picks the overrated and underrated players from the 2006 class for each of the conference's schools. For Oregon, those were Cody Kempt (on account of his transfer) and C.E. Kaiser (who became a starter last year).
- Just in case all this 2009 news is weighing you down, here's a nugget about next year's recruiting class. Ducks Attack reports that the Ducks appear to have their eyes on Roy Finch, a prep RB from Florida. it looks like Oregon hasn't yet offered, but Finch has us in his top three.
- The baseball team practiced at PK Park for the first time yesterday. It sounds like the players were pretty excited after spending the fall practicing at various local high schools.
- Finally, in basketball news, Bob Clark blogs that both Dunnigan and Crittle skipped practice yesterday. Both should be back tonight and be ready to take on ASU Thursday.
As always, post any other links or your comments below.