Signing Day plus one, and hoops game day versus ASU. It's a busy one. Settle in, you've got some reading to do.
- Rob Moseley of the R-G is probably due for a day off. He writes that the football program got a major lift when Diante Jackson's letter of intent arrived. He also follows up with Mike Bellotti's take on recruiting amid possible coaching changes. Moseley provides a links to both a highlight video of Oregon's new recruits with audio for Coach B's press conference plus links to all sorts of other Pac-10 recruiting news.
- If you prefer getting your recruiting scoop right from GoDucks.com, check out their complete 2009 wrap up.
- ESPN's Ted Miller is trying very hard not to "go there" regarding the Bryce Brown situation. He points us in the direction of this article at nytimes.com.
- John Hunt of The Oregonian is all over the Tyrece Gaines situation. Don't hold your breath folks. He quotes coach Bellotti as saying this may take weeks to resolve. There's more news from Hunt and also Joel Odom, plus more Mike Bellotti video here.
- JC defensive end recruit Zac Clark says he sees an opportunity to fill the big shoes left by Nick Reed's graduation. Read Moseley's article from late Tuesday.
- Jason Vondersmith of The Portland Tribune features Oregon lineback recruit - and former South Eugene Axemen (come on, I'm a southie, I gotta say it) - Boseko Lokombo. "Boseko Knows Football", great headline.
Whew... In case you forgot - or simply put it out of your mind to avoid the mental anquish - we've got #24 Arizona State at Mac Court tonight. Good times!
- Mike Tokito of The Oregonian wraps up some midseason awards talk. Not a lot of mention of Ducks, understandably, but there are a few tidbits regarding tonight's game. Turns out Ernie Kent sees the season a lot like most of us do: too many turnovers, missed layups and not enough ability. Check out John Hunt's interview with the Oregon coach.
- Bob Clark of the R-G has a nice piece this morning. He highlights the play of freshman Josh Crittle, who continues to take steps forward. Check out Clark's blog, for an update on Teondre Williams' injured left foot and some cool news about former Ducks Malik Hairston and Luke Jackson (ahhhh...those were the days).
- A little baseball news: Bob Clark has the results of this year's preseason Pac-10 coaches poll. The Ducks are about where you'd expect them to be.
- The R-G's Steve Irvin reports on the Ducks men's golf team in their season-opening rounds at the Hilo Invitational. Good start so far.
- It was a love fest from the Hayward Field crowd that helped sway top-rated women's distance runner Jordan Hasay to become a Duck, from Curtis Anderson of the R-G.
Jump in with your 2 cents. Or, post anything new that pops up throughout the day.