All eyes shift back to the NCAA tournament today, so there's limited quack news going on.
- Local product Antony Kreitz hit a 3-run homer to help the Ducks baseball squad to a 6-4 victory over Sacramento State Wednesday. Bob Clark of the R-G has the whole story as the Ducks wrap up their non-conference schedule.
- On the smaller diamond, the Ducks softball team closed out their non-conference schedule with a doubleheader sweep of Seattle U. The Ducks raised their record to 10-17, but that's the worst start for the Ducks in several years and they now head into a brutal Pac-10 schedule.
- Oregon tight end Ed Dickson comes in at #16 on Ted Miller's Top 30 Pac-10 players list. See Miller's notes on Ed.
- Jason Vondersmith of the Portland Tribune is the latest reporter to catch up with Chip Kelly as CK makes the obligatory media rounds heading into spring ball. Kelly says that while his role has changed he will continue to be a teacher first.
- Kerry Eggers of the Trib looks ahead to tomorrow's renewal of the baseball Civil War. He says 12,000 or more fans are expected for the Saturday and Sunday games...this should be a great event.
- Lacross player Ilsa van den Berg is this weeks GoDucks.com Student-Athlete of the Week.
That's about it on a slow day. If you find anything else of interest please post it. Otherwise, may your day be Duckie and your brackets not go bust!