Let's get right to today's fix:
- In case you hadn't heard, former player and assistant coach Bruce Snyder passed away yesterday. Schroeder has a touching article he wrote last fall about Snyder's battle with cancer. It sounds like he did all he could -- the odds were just stacked against him. RIP Bruce Snyder.
- The seventh spring practice was held yesterday. Moseley blogs about some new faces on the offensive line. Of note, NaDerris Ward is working out at tackle after being burried on the TE depth chart. It doesn't sound like Moseley is convinced the move is permanent -- he will be watching to see if Ward is still with the OL on Wednesday. Moseley's print article from yesterday discusses the state of Oregon's defensive backfield, which has been hampered by injuries to many of the expected starters. However, the younger players have apparently been stepping up. Chris Courtney of eDuck contributes his notes from yesterday's session. Of note, the steady play by Rory Cavaille and Remene Alston this spring has continued.
- Yesterday, it was Steve Greatwood's turn to blog. He has a short piece up in which he mentions Jordan Holmes and Nick Cody for their play thus far.
- Gregg Biggins of ESPN has a blog entry up noting that Oregon has offered a scholarship to prep wide receiver Josh Harper. Scout has Harper listed as a 4 star WR and the #29 WR overall.
- The details of new women's basketball coach Paul Westhead's contract have been released. As has been reported elsewhere, the contract stipulates that Westhead need only reside in Eugene for seven months out of the year. The article also notes that Westhead will have a significant increase in the money he can allocated to his assistants compared to the Bev Smith era.
As always, leave your comments or other links below.