There's just barely enough Quack to go around this morning. Use yours wisely.
- ESPN contributor Greg Biggins had a couple recent recruiting updates with notes about Oregon, here and here. Kudos to Rob Moseley for pointing these out in his R-G blog.
- The Bleacher Report's Fletcher Johnson offers a pretty good breakdown of Oregon's zone read (complete with videos). I enjoyed the Civil War quote attributed to one of OSU's assistant coaches.
- It might surprise me that Oregon - currently basking in more riches than most - is leading the charge for Pac-10 cost saving efforts. Bud Withers of the Seattle Times details efforts of a committee being chaired by Oregon's current AD, Pat Kilkenny.
- Allie Grasgreen of the ODE posted an insightful Q&A article with Oregon's outgoing president, Dave Frohnmayer. Not your typical sports article, but well worth the read if you're interested in how Oregon has approached the balancing act of academics and athletics.
- I did check The Quad column from the New York Times. They're counting down a ranking of all FBS teams. You'll recall WSU came in at an embarrassing #114. The Quad is now at #110...I'm sure Washington and many other teams on the SEC's non-conference slate will be coming up soon.
In other sports:
- The baseball team get's the ultimate measuring stick this weekend end with three games at #3 Arizona State (16-5 in Pac-10). Here's a GoDucks.com preview.
- All the entries have been announced for the upcoming Pac-10 Track & Field Championships which take place this weekend at Hayward Field.
- Oregon men's golf starts their NCAA regional tournament today. The Ducks are seeded sixth in a 13-team field. The top five team from the 3-day regional advance to the NCAA championships.
- Three Oregon softball players earned All-Pac-10 honors following the recent completion of their season.