So since AtQ has been a bit of a ghost town as of late, as the only major things going on are track kicking ass and baseball limping to the finish, how about a sort of Ducks, sort of not survey to generate some banter? Oh, and as always, a poll.
1. If you could be any Duck athlete, past or present, for one season, who would it be?
2. Who is your favorite current Duck athlete?
3. What's the best sporting event you've ever attended?
4. Complete this sentence: Dan Fouts ________.
5. Favorite color?
6. Favorite sport to play and to watch?
1. Aaron Brooks in 2006-2007. The big shots, the great play, the Elite Eight. That woulda been fun.
2. Walter Thurmond III. If you're an athlete, you're in the entertainment business. So entertain! We're outrageous suits, rock a sideways flat top for an entire season! Have fun! You can get away with a lot of stuff in terms of appearance and demeanor that you couldn't in most other jobs, so you might as well enjoy it. A close second would be Matt Humphrey.
3. Civil War 2008. And it's not close.
4. Dan Fouts should be hired away at any price to be Oregon's play-by-play announcer.
5. Orange. I know, right? Hey, I was a Giants fan first. Gimme a break.
6. Favorite to play: baseball or golf. Favorite to watch: March Madness basketball, or baseball.