The Quack news is sparse this morning, but here's what we could dig up:
- In case you missed it yesterday, football/baseball recruit and LOI signee Braxton Lane has signed on with the Texas Rangers. Here's Rob Moseley's piece from the R-G; and a lengthy Q&A with Lane with Jason Cole of LoneStarDugout.com.
- Recruiting notes from the well connected gents at DuckTerritory.com: My personal favorite Duck QB recruit, Munchie Legaux of New Orleans, says Oregon is his top school right now (would love to see a sign in Autzen's student section to the effect of "We've got the Munchies"). Local Sheldon High product and Duck 4-star commit Curtis White wants to improve his explosiveness. Could Oregon land a kid who goes by "Big Tex"? Maybe...highly regarded Jatashun Beachum says his favorites are Oregon and Florida.
- BleacherReport has posted a team-by-team look at the future of Pac-10 football programs. It's lengthy, but an interesting though just short of in-depth read.
- The honors for Oregon track star Galen Rupp continue to roll in. Rupp is this week's USATF athlete of the week. I think it's safe to now refer to Galen Rupp as an Oregon track legend (dude stops to fix his shoe and still beats the nation's best...unreal).
- O Hereos hosted a group of inner-city kids from Sacramento and it was a day of firsts for most of the group.
As always, if you find something of interest please post in the comments.