Happy Friday everyone! Let's get to the Quack.
- Galen Rupp ran in Oregon colors at Hayward field for the last time, winning the 10,000 at the USA Track & Field Championships. The win will allow him to compete in the World Championships in Berlin later this year. Rupp has been a huge part of the rejuvenation of Oregon track, and it will be exciting to see him move on to the world stage.
- DuckTerritory had another interview with a current player, this time catching up with Josh Kaddu, one of Oregon's linebackers. It's definitely exciting hearing Kaddu talk about how fast the defense is, and I love his closing line: "The hits are coming."
- The San Diego Union Tribune has a piece on former UO star Akili Smith, who has learned from his past, and is now working as an unpaid QB coach at Grossmont College. Unfortunately for Smith, he wasn't able to put it all together on the football field, but it's good to hear that he's pulled his life together, which not all draft busts are able to do.
- The boys over at OBNUG are playing whatifsports with last years Oregon/Boise game, and it didn't turn out quite how they'd like.
- The NBA draft was last night, and we didn't talk much about it with no Oregon players in the mix, but CougCenter, who always does a great job with basketball analysis, has a run down of all Pac-10 players drafted.
That's all for now. If you find anything of interest, leave it in the comments! GO DUCKS!