I know it's the usual refrain on a Tuesday morning, but again the quack is a little light today. Hopefully, there's just enough to get your through the morning.
- Adam Jude has a story on the Ducks continuing their summer conditioning as the temperatures rachet up. How did Masoli handle the 102 degree heat on Monday? By wearing two black shirts -- including a long-sleaves. Jude also ends with a few notes in his preview on Moseley's blog that include an update on LaMichael James' injury and the appearance of Keenan Howry (one of my all-time favorite Ducks) at the workout.
- Ted Miller has a few blog posts up. First, a capsule of Oregon's offseason -- there's nothing really noteworthy for fans who have even paid the slightest attention over the last few months. Miller follows that up with a piece lamenting the slow nature of the offseason for the conference as a whole, noting that at least the Pac-10 media day on Thursday will generate a flurry of "news".
- I know Jared posted this in the comments of yesterday's quack, but I couldn't pass up the chance to get this on the front page. ESPN's Big 12 blogger (Tim Griffin) has a post about Oklahoma State using their embarrassment from the Holiday Bowl as motivation for the upcoming season.
- In BCS news, a change has been made to allow access to the Rose Bowl for qualifiers from outside the six BCS conferences. In fact, it looks like the Rose Bowl will be obligated to take a non-BCS qualifier the first time they lose a Big 10/Pac 10 representative from 2010 to 2013.
- And, we end today's quack with an update on Patrick Chung, who has agreed to contract terms with the Patriots and arrived to camp on time. Good to see Chung's all set to get started on his rookie campaign.
That's all for now. Leave your comments below.