Only 23 more days until Boise State. How does the team celebrate? By donning full pads for the first time in today's practice. Bring on the quack!
- Moseley notes that the Ducks will practice in full pads today for the first time this fall. Also, continuing a Kelly tradition from the spring, today will serve as the first "competition day". Full pads means we are that much closer Boise State. John Hunt blogs about today's practice, adding that the competition days can help add motivation as well as maintain the high intensity as practices stretch into August.
- As for yesterday's practice, Moseley has a few updates, primarily focusing on the injury status of several players. Chris Courtney of eDuck has a more detailed practice report, noting that intensity might have peaked on Monday afternoon. Courtney highlights the play of two lineman yesterday: G Mark Asper and DE Kenny Rowe.
- If you're even half as excited as I am about the talent that Oregon has at linbacker, make sure to check out Duck Territory's unit breakdown. And the best part? The only senior on the unit is reserve Riley Showalter. I am looking forward to seeing what Eddie Pleasant and Bryson Littlejohn can do this year.
- Molly Blue of the Oregonian has a few video interviews up. The first is with Will Tukuafu about his role as a veteran and goals for the season. The second is with LeGarrette Blount who discusses his relationship with Masoli and the upcoming Boise State game.
- Duck Territory caught up with former Oregon linebacker A.J. Tuitele. A.J.'s answers are mostly short and sweet, but check it out if you're interested in what he's been up to since his playing days ended.
- Finally, eDuck has a story about Mark Helfrich's role on the coaching staff. The transition has been relatively smooth thusfar, with Kelly noting that it's "like he’s been on staff forever".
Thoughts, comments, links? Post them below.