Just three more weeks! Let's start with some encouraging news:
- Rob Moseley's Thursday notebook takes a look at a key milestone for both Nate Costa and D.J. Davis - practicing in full pads. Both are recovering from knee injuries, and both possibly hold key roles for the Ducks this season.
- Evidently the defense took revenge Wednesday for its Tuesday loss in competition day...causing Steve Greatwood to say the O-line took a giant step back.
- A close look at LaMichael James by Gary Horowitz of the Statesman Journal in Salem. Yes, mid-valley folks should get familiar with this young man, because I think we'll be talking about him a lot the next few years. HT@Ted Miller.
- Bleacher Report posted a "names to watch" list for Oregon. It's a good list. I think one miss is freshman Punter Jackson Rice. If his punting is even above average, that could be a big question mark answered for the Ducks.
- Helmet cams! Evidently Mark Helfrich used helmet cams with his QBs at Colorado as a training tool. Now the Ducks are trying it too. John Hunt of The Oregonian posted this story along with some injury notes.
- A few more juicy fall camp notes from Jason Vondersmith of The Portland Tribune.
- Seems the Pac-10 is working to upgrade the conference's bowls connections. Ted Miller reports that an agreement with the Alamo Bowl is getting closer. It appears the Pac-10's no. 2 team would go to the Alamo, no. 3 to the Holiday and no. 4 to the Sun Bowl.
- Fan Day is set for August 29th, at the Moshofsky Center, with players participating in split groups from noon to 1 p.m., and 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- It can't all be about football can it? Galen Rupp is part of the promising new generation of USA track athletes. So is javelin thrower Rachel Yurkovich, who is looking to re-establish a U.S pressence in the javelin finals at the world championships. From a little earlier this week...Bob Rickert compliled a report of how some former Ducks are doing in their NFL camps.
If you find anything interesting, please post it in the comments. I'm planning to attend the afternoon practice today. I'll let you know what I see.