Good morning Duck fans. It's amazing how much brighter the week looks after a win. Here's hoping I am feeling even better next Tuesday. After the jump a few videos, including an interview of Chip discussing the Utah Utes -- check it out.
- Moseley has some practice notes up from yesterday, in which there was a focus on both tackling technique and reducing penalties during special teams play. Moseley goes more in depth on the emphasis on tackling in today's Register-Guard article. On the injury front, Moseley notes that both Spencer Paysinger and T.J. Ward did not participate, though both are listed as starters for Saturday.
- George Schroeder has a column up today that discusses how the inconsistency of the early Oregon team has caused many to revise their preseason expectations. However, as Jared keeps pointing out, we have improved every half this season. Hopefully, we can put together a full game against Utah and deliver a performance that most of us were expecting heading into this year.
- Moseley also has a roundup of links ranking the Pac-10 after the first two weeks. As one might expect, Oregon is ranked no higher than fifth. Also included are link to stories on the next four Oregon opponents.
- Ted Miller thinks Oregon is still trying to find itself in 2009. And, considering that the Ducks are averaging just over 250 yards of offense per game, it's hard to argue. While Chip may argue that he's more concerned with points scored over yards, we won't be able to rely on our defense to contribute 17 points per game.
- Here's a Utah blog entry that discusses the early QB play for the Utes. The presumptive starter is Terrance Cain who received praise from coach Kyle Whittingham despite some struggles during the middle two quarters against San Jose State. However, Cain still finished with nearly 350 yards of total offense, including 94 yards on 20 rushes. Still, an inexperienced QB playing at Autzen? Hopefully our defense can have another big day. Lots of other notes on the depth chart for the Oregon game are included.
- The Duck baseball team started fall camp on Monday, and it sounds like they are eager to move on from (and improve upon) last year's 14-42 mark. Jeff Smith's blog entry also notes that the second phase of construction for PK Park is still on schedule to be finished prior to this year's home opener. Bob Clark also has a story in today's Register-Guard that notes how much more prepared the Ducks are during camp this year.
- Finally, don't forget to make your picks for week three of the Jersey Contest. And, Nebraska could really use some love in the first game -- only one poster out of 37 thinks they'll beat VaTech.
Here's a video interview of Chip talking Utah:
|Oregon Ducks Chip Kelly|
Also, from BusterSports, Nick Daschel discusses the games for Oregon and Oregon State this past weekend: