Oregon's Pac-10 opener against Cal is just days away. At 2-1 with only a road loss to a top-10 team, Oregon's early-season resume wouldn't look too bad...if it weren't for so many of questions on offense. Let's jump in:
- Ken Woody has a wealth of experience to call on, and his analysis is usually right on target. Today he takes on quarterbacking, coaching, mechanics and the notion of "when to make a switch."
- Rob Moseley's practice notes from Wednesday. Observations include more reps for receivers Lavasier Tuinei and D.J. Davis, plus injury updates on T.J. Ward and a few others. Jeremiah Masoli continues to get it done in practice this week, but will it translate against Cal's D?
- Oregon's young offensive line is making strides, thanks in part to a four-game stretch of home games. John Hunt of The Oregonian talks with a few of the guys about the advantages of playing in Autzen.
- Jeff Smith of The Oregonian has a fun story about Jackson Rice, Oregon's freshman punter. A Bay-area recruit, Rice grew up a Cal fan. Needless to say, he's looking forward to Saturday, thought at the same time, hoping he doesn't see the field much.
- If you get ESPNU, you can see Oregon 5-star recruit Curtis White on the field as Eugene's Sheldon High School takes on Southridge of Beaverton. White has been recovering from a dislocated shoulder, but is cleared to play. One thing I noticed about White - who attended many fall practices - the young man always has a big smile. Talk about a local kid living the dream.
If you find something tasty, please share with the whole class. Go Ducks!