There's only one week until Signing Day, but instead of focusing our collective energy on important things like which arbitrarily rated 17-year-old is going to sign a hypothetical contract that obligates him to nothing more than agreeing to attend our favorite university, we're wasting it on worrying about frat boys and their stolen Mac Books. Oh, the sacrifices we make to be sports fans. Here's your Morning Fix:
- Well, we don't really have any updates in the frat house theft. Police are still tight lipped. However, Chuck Hare, owner of Taylor's claims that Masoli was at his bar shortly after midnight on the night in question, and has video to back that up, which he's given to investigators. Taylor's is accross the street from the SAE house, however, so it's unclear how this fits with the rest of the details of the case.
- The crew at Deadspin weighed in on the Masoli/Embry theft allegations with their typical obnoxious yet hilarious prose. Somehow, Deadspin's perspective always makes me feel better. But the real entertainment comes in the comments, particularly this diamond in the rough referring to the laptop-theft victim: "Are his Dave Matthews Band CDs still safe?!" Ha! That's high comedy. And yes, they are. Allegedly.
- The R-G's Rob Moseley is reporting that Oregon kicker Rob Beard is recovering well and could be released from the hospital by tomorrow.
- With only a week to go until Signing Day, the rumors are flying about who's going to end up where. The Ducks are still in the mix for a number of top recruits. However, it appears another has fallen off that list. The Portland Tribune reports Owamagbe Odighizuwa has now replaced Oregon with Oregon State on his final three. I haven't been terribly upset about losing any of these top recruits so far, but Owa hurts a little more, mostly because he's a local kid, and the Ducks' biggest need right now is at defensive line. After losing Dominique Easley to Florida, Owa was the only consolation. Then again, it'll hurt a lot more if he ends up a Beaver. On the good news side, meet future Oregon running back Dontae Williams. And 5* RB Lache Seastrunk is announcing his college choice today.
- ESPN.com's Ted Miller is revisiting his offseason list of the top 30 Pac-10 players, and coming in at No. 28 is Oregon defensive end Kenny Rowe. My guess is there are many more Ducks on the list, but we'll have to wait and see as he rolls the list out throughout the week.
- LeGarrette Blount's draft stock may be on the rise if the early coverage from the Senior Bowl is any indication. Ed Dickson is also taking part, and according to Miller, is looking good despite a dropped pass yesterday.
As always, leave any relevant links or comments below. GO DUCKS!