It's our second-most favorite day of the year (Can we agree it's a close second to I Hate Washington Day?). Let me be the first to wish you a happy Weasel Stomping Day! Hopefully you're taking most the day off for a mid-week tailgater at Autzen. If not, enjoy Oregon's first game ever as an AP no. 1 tonight on ESPN. Here's your quack.
- I can't help but wonder which UCLA team we'll face tonight. The team that beat then no. 7 Texas and then no. 23 Houston, or the team that got humiliated by both Cal and Stanford. Gregg Found of ESPN has your "What to Watch" for tonight's game.
- Casey Mathews and the Ducks are taking the right approach to being a top-ranked team.
- R-G columnis Ken Woody breaks down the Xs and Os of UCLA's pistol offense. Rob Moseley examines some of the key match-ups with UCLA.
- Fox Sports columnist Kalani Simpson considers the national perception of the Ducks now, versus a mere six months ago, though I disagree with his notion that all has been forgotten. Nothing has been forgotten, rather all has been dealt with and the team has rightfully moved on.
- Is back-up QB Richard Brehaut ready to lead the Bruins? He certainly thinks so.
- Yes, Jeremiah Masoli is rooting for the Ducks, and still keeps in touch with several of his good friends on the team.
- OregonLive's weekly Ducks recruit tracker is up...lots of video of our future stars.