Watching Auburn and Alabama flame each other will only entertain for so long. Here's your quack:
- Yesterday was a big day for LaMichael James. He kicked things off by being named to the Walter Camp Football Foundation All-America team, becoming Oregon's 4th consensus All-American in school history. Then, last night, James received the Doak Walker Award, which is given to the nation's top running back. James was the first Duck to receive the award.
- George Schroeder has a piece today on how James' award carries extra meaning because he came back from offseason adversity to become the best back in the country. I'm really happy to see James succeed this season. He was my favorite Duck last year, and he faced some tough challenges this year, and came through a better player, and a better person. And John Hunt has an even longer piece on James' journey from high school to Heisman Trophy finalist.
- Oregon got another football commitment yesterday, as 4-star athlete Christian French committed to the Ducks. IowaPrepSports has all the details, and a lot of comments from French, who seems like a great kid that will fit in very well at Oregon. He is 6'6" and runs a 4.4 second 40. He'll get a shot at TE, but could be moved to defense if that doesn't work out, much like Dion Jordan did this season. French has only been playing football for 3 years, so the Duck coaching staff will have some work to do, but it could pay very big dividends.
- Rob Moseley's piece today takes a look at the BCS Championship game, and the pace of Oregon and Auburn. The Tigers are one of 25 teams who have had to defend more plays than Oregon this season. But while you know that Auburn will be prepared more than other competition for Oregon's speed and pace, they still aren't as fast as the Ducks, and this may prove to be very important if the game is as high scoring as most anticipate.
- If you missed it, Oregon basketball will be sporting some throwbacks on Saturday when they host Willamette University, and here are a couple more pics from Nikeblog.
Got anything else to share? Leave it below. GO DUCKS!