So, was this past Saturday with no football (save for Navy-Army) as weird for you as it was for me? Thankfully, the bowl season kicks off this weekend. Here's your Tuesday fix.
LaMichael James is back in Eugene and practicing with his team after missing the first two bowl practices because of the Heisman ceremony and a final exam. Moseley also notes that there seems to be a change in James' interview demeanor:
An air of professionalism flavored James’ post-practice interview session, no doubt a product of the scores of encounters with media the introverted running back endured over the past week while making the rounds on the awards circuit. His answers during a 5-minute exchange with reporters were short and precise, with a few quips thrown in to maintain some levity.
- The Oregonian has a few interesting tidbits today: First, with final exams over, coaches out recruiting and bowl practices having just begun, Ken Goe looks at how some of the players are spending their free time. Lindsay Schnell has some quotes from true freshman kicker Alejandro Maldonado who has handled the punting duties during the final two games while Jackson Rice was recovering from mono.
- With the regular season over and the awards handed out, Ted Miller's prolific output has slowed down a bit. However, he did post the non-conference schedules for the Pac-12 next year. Miller also added a quick overview on how recruiting is going for each school.
- The men's basketball team knocked off Jacksonville State last night 74-56. Coach Altman has the Ducks at 7-3 overall and noted that there were "a lot of positives," last night despite the Oregon bench being outscored 28-14 by Jacksonville State's bench. Oregon has two more non-conference games remaining on their schedule, including a big road test at Virginia on Friday.
- In his weekly look around the conference, Bob Clark writes about Wazzu hoping an improved defense will lead to much better results than last season. Also, Oregon comes in 8th in conference rankings.
- Finally, don't forget to participate in this year's ATQ Bowl Pick'em. It's free and there are prizes.
If you want to see some LMJ's new interview polish, check out the video after the jump.