The wait to the BCS Championship Game is starting to get brutal. And we still have 26 days remaining. Hopefully some quack will help.
- The big news yesterday was the unveiling of Oregon's BCS Championship Game uniforms. They're not all that different from the current uniforms, except with a touch of highlighter yellow. This is very apparent in the shoes and socks, which are apparently intended to create a "blur" effect while players are moving, and are intended to emphasize Oregon's speed. Hey, good to know. But the real magic happened in yesterday's Quack Fix, where many of our commenters posted photoshopped pictures of the new uniforms. I wish Nike had consulted consulted benzduck.
- While Oregon missed out on a few big recruiting prospects over the past few days, it hasn't slowed down the coaching staff much. Yesterday they secured a verbal commitment from Rahsaan Vaughn, one of the top JC WRs on the west coast. The 3-star receiver is 6'1" 190, and reportedly runs a 4.4 40. Vaughn fills an immediate need, with D.J. Davis and Jeff Maehl graduating this year.
- Oregon is only on the verge of landing two other commits. 3-star LB Rodney Hardrick reportedly gave a verbal commitment to the Ducks yesterday, though DuckTerritory is reporting that it's not "official" yet, as Hardrick must take an official visit first.
- Oregon is also expecting a commitment from 3-star Texarkana RB Tra Carson. Tra will be in town on another official visit this weekend, and is expected to commit during that visit. Carson is a former teammate of LaMichael James, and will bring some size to the Oregon backfield.
- LaMichael James is on the verge of becoming Oregon's first unanimous All-American in school history. Yesterday he was named to the Associated Press All-American first team. James is now first team on 4 of the 5 lists recognized by the NCAA, with only the Sporting News team unannounced.
- Oregon women's basketball sufferred a tough loss last night. After taking 11 days off, the Ducks fell 74-69 to UC Riverside. The Ducks had many mistakes during the game, and shot only 43% from the free throw line. That simply won't get it done.
Got anything else to share? Or more photoshops? Leave 'em below. GO DUCKS!