Thought we could all use a little Quack to get us through the weekend. Use this space to talk about the latest Quacking or some of the bowl games being played today. That's right, after two weeks of wondering through the college football desert, we get to watch the New Mexico Bowl, the Humanitarian Bowl, and tonight the New Orleans Bowl. On to the Quack:
- Dana Altman got a taste of what Pac 10 coaches had to suffer through for years as the basketball team took on Tony Bennett's Virginia Cavaliers last night. Oregon had a miserable night shooting hitting only 34.5% of their shots and going 3-19 from deep.
- The football team was in the Moshofsky Center on Friday. Rob Moseley has his practice report up and it sounds like Oregon is getting very serious about preparing for the game. Preparation has been a big reason for the success of the Ducks this season, and Chip Kelly is looking to have the game plan ready before the players take off for a little holiday break
- Paul Westhead and the lady Ducks took on Denver last night and came away with an 82-71 victory to improve to 7-2 on the young season. Amanda Johnson led the way with a game high 24 points and a double double.
- Here's a video of LaMichael James back at practice. Sounds like he's glad to be back in the grove and done with all the awards ceremonies and travelling.
- Ken Goe has a great piece on David Paulson. While it may seem that all he does is catch first downs and touchdowns, Paulson is also a stud in the classroom too as he plans on working on his MBA next year also.
There you have it, some weekend quack to tide you over. 23 days seems like a lifetime, I don't know how we're going to make it to January 10th. If you have other quack, leave it in the comments. GO DUCKS!