We're moving oh-so-slowly towards January 10th and our showdown with Auburn. And, if things are moving too slowly, here's some quack to help tide you over.
- One of the most impressive aspects of Darron Thomas' first year as a starter has been his ability to not get rattled after an interception or slow start. Adam Jude's feature piece is on Thomas and his presence at quarterback that has belied his sophomore status.
- Ken Goe has a feature piece on Kenny Rowe and what he has meant to the Oregon defense this year. Goe includes this humorous quote from defensive line coach Jerry Azzinaro on what position Rowe plays: ""He's defined that job, whatever that job is. I don't know what you call it – a linebacker? A defensive end? That fancy word, hybrid? He's allowed us to do a lot of things here."
- Chip Kelly was named the Walter Camp Coach of the Year yesterday. This was his third coach of the year award and Rob Moseley reports that he is still a finalist for at least two other awards. Also included are notes that LaMichael James is looking healthy in practice again and that Cliff Harris officially earned "consesus" All-American status.
- Ted Miller posts the Pro Football Weekly All-American list, which combines college performance with pro potential. Along with LMJ and Cliff Harris earning mentions, everyone's favorite 4-for-20 QB makes the list as an honorable mention.
- After a disheartening loss at Virginia last week, the men's basketball team looks to regroup as they host Idaho tonight in the last non-conference game at McArthur Court. Ron Bellamy writes that the focus tonight will be on "defense and defensive communication."
- As was noted in the comments yesterday, Collegiate Baseball released a preseason poll yesterday with the Ducks ranked #9.
Don't forget to check out some videos after the jump.