Another slow offseason news day, so I've added a poll. But first, your Morning Quack Fix:
- Is Pac-10 expansion a realistic possibility? That's what it sounded like during conference commissioner Larry Scott's teleconference with reporters on Monday. Additionally, a Pac-10 TV network could be in the works as well based on speculation surrounding the hiring of former Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg as the Pac-10's deputy commissioner. But the real question: Which schools would be a part of the expansion (see poll)?
- It's probably way too early to even think about this, but new 5-star recruit Lache Seastrunk has already been tabbed as a potential Heisman Trophy candidate of the future by Heisman Pundit. Hell, why even play the games? All the recent excitement about potential is enough for me!
- ESPN.com's Andy Katz thinks the Oregon should fire Ernie Kent "only if it knows it can get someone it truly covets" (read: Mark Few). He also gives a shout-out to Mac Court, saying it "should go down as a historical site" when the Ducks move on after this season. You're preaching to the choir, Andy!
- ESPN.com's Ted Miller continued rolling out his postseason Pac-10 top 30 player rankings, and coming in at No. 13 is Oregon's Ed Dickson. Dickson moved up three spots from his preseason No. 16 ranking.
- Dickson wasn't the only one to get a little love from Miller. Our very own Takimoto's uniform post from yesterday got a shout-out.
- The R-G's Rob Moseley listed a few key spring dates. Spring practices begin March 30. Am I already thinking about the "start" of the 2010 season? Absolutely.
As always, leave any relevant links or comments below.
Which of the following schools is the most likely to end up a part of a potential Pac-10 expansion?
Utah (172 votes)
Boise State (51 votes)
BYU (27 votes)
Nevada (5 votes)
Colorado (66 votes)
None of the above (15 votes)
336 total votes