Another slow offseason news day, so I've added a poll. But first, your Morning Quack Fix:
- Is Pac-10 expansion a realistic possibility? That's what it sounded like during conference commissioner Larry Scott's teleconference with reporters on Monday. Additionally, a Pac-10 TV network could be in the works as well based on speculation surrounding the hiring of former Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg as the Pac-10's deputy commissioner. But the real question: Which schools would be a part of the expansion (see poll)?
- It's probably way too early to even think about this, but new 5-star recruit Lache Seastrunk has already been tabbed as a potential Heisman Trophy candidate of the future by Heisman Pundit. Hell, why even play the games? All the recent excitement about potential is enough for me!
- ESPN.com's Andy Katz thinks the Oregon should fire Ernie Kent "only if it knows it can get someone it truly covets" (read: Mark Few). He also gives a shout-out to Mac Court, saying it "should go down as a historical site" when the Ducks move on after this season. You're preaching to the choir, Andy!
- ESPN.com's Ted Miller continued rolling out his postseason Pac-10 top 30 player rankings, and coming in at No. 13 is Oregon's Ed Dickson. Dickson moved up three spots from his preseason No. 16 ranking.
- Dickson wasn't the only one to get a little love from Miller. Our very own Takimoto's uniform post from yesterday got a shout-out.
- The R-G's Rob Moseley listed a few key spring dates. Spring practices begin March 30. Am I already thinking about the "start" of the 2010 season? Absolutely.
As always, leave any relevant links or comments below.