I have one simple request. And that is to have ducks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!
- Am I really writing this the day after our third sweep of the season? This isn't some crazy version of the hangover? If men's basketball sweeps the Washington schools and Stanford loses to Cal, we are guaranteed at least 8th place and avoid the play-in game. How crazy is that?
- I wasn't expecting to see the old Tajuan Porter ever again but he exploded onto the scene yesterday, carrying the Ducks with 29 points.
- The women's basketball team looked poised to have one of their best wins of the season but UCLA outscored the Ducks 41-9 in the final 14 minutes of the game to send the seniors out with a disappointing loss.
- The Track and Field teams got some much needed momentum as the women won their first ever Mountain Pacific Sports Federation championship with 133 points. The men placed 6th in the same event. Next up: the NCAA Indoor Championships in 2 weeks.
- greater perspective. of the Register Guard puts the football team's issues in a
- Some Bruins fans are of a mind that their basketball team didn't care enough that John Wooden was in attendance and therefore gave a horrible effort and lost the game.
- if you didn't see this, here comes the red turf at Eastern Washington!
We'll have an open thread available for those that want to discuss the USA vs Canada Gold Medal Game from the Olympics starting at about 11:30am. If you find any quack in the meantime, please post it up and Go Ducks!