The Madness resumes this afternoon as the Sweet 16 gets underway. Let's what kind of madness is swirling around Ducks athletics this morning:
- Speculation continues as nearly everyone with a keyboard weighs in on Oregon's basketball coaching search. Bob Clark's latest piece focuses on New Mexico's Steve Alford and Texas A&M's Mark Turgeon. Clark also suggested Oregon's next coach is likely not involved in the Sweet 16, but does take a look at SMC's Randy Bennett, Baylor's Scott Drew and Northern Iowa's Ben Jacobsen.
- Steve Duin of The Oregonian doesn't like how the University of Oregon handles its coaches contracts. And in a related article, the R-G's Greg Bolt looks are more details of Mike Belotti's $2.3 million severance package.
- Pac-10 baseball starts this weekend with the Ducks on the road at 18-4 Arizona. The R-G has posted a quick review of each team in the conference.
- Rob Moseley continues his spring preview with Oregon's wide receivers.
- Aaron Fentress of The Oregonian has an update on Walter Thurmond III's progress as the NFL draft gets closer.
- Oregon's women are hoping to beat the Cal Bears for the first time this season when the teams face off in the WNIT tonight. Game time is 7 p.m. at Mac Court.
- Do we have to reset the counter if a lacrosse player gets arrested? Hannah Jones, a back-up goalie from Flint, MI, has been booted from the team following her March 16 arrest involving pot, ecstasy and mushrooms.
Enjoy the hoops. I'm sure someone will post an open thread once the games begin. Most of us can continue to complain about Kansas, a few can say they're still in this thing, and everyone will be taking shots at Axeman23. Why not join us?