TGIW. Here's your Wednesday Morning Quack Fix:
- With Mac Court's final two games coming up this weekend, much attention is being paid to the 83-year-old venue's many memories. The Oregonian examines the historic gym's best players, while the Register-Guard's Bob Clark recaps the reactions of a few Pac-10 coaches to "The Pit" in Monday's weekly Pac-10 call. One thing's for sure: There's no shortage of memories.
- Former Oregon walk-on defensive end Matt Simms, who was dismissed from the team in February, was sentenced to 40 hours of community service after his misdemeanor assault charge was reduced to harassment.
- Remember Bryce Brown? The former prized Oregon recruit who snubbed the Ducks for Lane Kiffin and Tennessee is apparently rumored to be taking a wait-and-see approach with new Vols head coach and Kiffin successor Derek Dooley. If Brown does decide to transfer, speculation is he'll join his older brother Arthur and former Oregon quarterback-turned-wide-receiver Chris Harper at Kansas State. I really couldn't care less as long as he doesn't end up at USC...or Oregon for that matter.
- Oregon freshman left-fielder Allie Burger was named the Pac-10's Softball Player of the Week yesterday. In four games, Burger went 8-for-10 with eight total bases, an .800 slugging average and an .818 on-base percentage. Not bad for a freshman.
The No. 6 Oregon men's golf team finished the USC Invitational a record 21 under par, winning the 32-year-old event for the first time ever. Oregon sophomore Eugene Wong won the individual title, finishing 10 under.
- If Ernie Kent does in fact end up fired (and let's be honest), it looks like his replacement isn't going to be Oregon State's Craig Robinson. The second-year head coach signed a two-year contract extension with the Beavers yesterday.
- And now for a little Wednesday bonus quack: EDSBS has an amusing take on the Oregon cheerleader who was arrested Saturday night on suspicion of drunk driving. I especially like the video, but I'm sure some ATQer has already seen that well-timed piece of hilarity.
As always, leave any relevant links or comments below.