It's Friday! Let's get straight to the quack.
- Oregon lost to the Huskies at Mac Court last night, 86-72. The story, yet again, was a poor showing coming out of halftime, as the Huskies went on an 11-0 run not long into the second half. And the Ducks just couldn't slow down the Huskies. The loss locks the Ducks into the 8/9 play-in game of the Pac-10 tourney.
Brandon Roy and Dick Harter were honorary captains of last nights game, and both received a warm welcome. That's right, someone wearing Husky purple was actively cheered in Mac Court. The end is obviously upon us.
- The Oregon women head to Wazzu tonight to take on the Cougars, and a win will give them a pass to the Pac-10 quarterfinals, something the Ducks haven't had since 2007.
- Rob Moseley takes a look at the secondary going into spring practices. And look for the Ducks to do some experimenting, especially at safety. Talmadge Jackson (if depth allows) may see some time there (safety is his natural position), or we may see someone like Eddie Pleasant get some playing time as the Ducks try to get all their talent on the field at one. Overall, this is a brand new generation for the Duck secondary, but we know a lot of the faces already, and it will be fun to watch them develop.
- In the latest police blotter news, Kiko Alonso plead not guilty to several charges relating to a DUII incident.
- Ken Goe talks a bit more about the new Duck mascot situation, and how this stemmed from the Supwitchugirl's unauthorized use of the Duck in their video "I Smell Roses." While the University seemed like the bad guy for how they reacted to the video, it's nice to see them respond in this fashion and work with Disney on this issue.
- Lastly, here's a video of PK Park. It really seems like a spectacular place to watch a baseball game. If any of you made the games this week, let us know how it was.
Got any other quack to share? Leave it below. GO DUCKS!