Over the next week, you're going to be hearing a lot about the "Little Gorby Fund", Brittle Bone Disease and our auctions to support the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation. While we will still have our quack fix for today, I'm dedicating the front page of the Saturday Fix to give you quick jump points into what we're doing, why we're doing it and how you can help. ATQ - Addicted to Caring.
- One of ATQ's members, Gorbachav5, recently had a newborn baby boy. Although we were hoping the name would start with the letter J somehow, Wyatt will have to do. In fact, Wyatt has such a following, there is even a blog dedicated to him and his story. You may see him referred to as "Little Gorby".
- Wyatt was diagnosed with Osteogenesis Imperfecta, commonly referred to as Brittle Bone Disease. Between 20-50k people live with this disorder in the United States.
- The Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation has all kinds of information about this disease and is well worth reading. The OI Foundation is primarily focused on research, education, and awareness in combating this disease.
- How can you help? ATQ contributors and members have rallied together in support of Little Gorby and helping to combat this disease. Oregon Football Coach Chip Kelly has graciously signed an visor and football that we have put up for auction. 100% of the proceeds directly benefit the OI Foundation. As of this morning, the visor was fetching $51 with 11 bids and the football was fetching $100 with 19 bids with 6 days remaining.
- Special thanks to Chip Kelly in all of this. We originally were only going to have a visor signed. He asked us to come back and get a football signed that we could also put up. Class guy and class act all the way around. Thanks so much Chip!
We know that many news organizations don't report on these types of stories because of their policies. That's where we need your help Duck Nation. Spread the word, share this post on facebook, retweet our links regarding the Little Gorby Fund. Become a movement and let your voices be heard. Together, we can combat this disease. Your regularly scheduled quack fix is after the jump
- Oregon baseball notched a big win over #22 Stanford last night 5-2. The Ducks are 20-10 on the year and 3-4 in the Pac-10 conference. Oregon had NEVER won at Stanford before last night.
- Here is a preview of today's Pepsi Team Invitational. Texas A&M vs. Oregon in Track and Field, two of the best programs in the nation going at it.
Nate Costa and Darron Thomas are performing very well in practice so far but Nate is expressing more "confidence". To me, the starting quarterback is a bit of a misnomer in our offense. Someone may have the title of "starter" but CK will find a way to get both of these guys on the field if they can contribute.
- Did someone crack our signal calling code? Mark Helfrich discusses some new wrinkles this year, including a page taken from the Oklahoma St. playbook. How would you like to see a giant picture of Shaquille O'Neal?
- Hold the phone on the Mike Dunlap to St. Johns talk. Not a done deal yet.
- Michelle Dapper of KOHD news files this report about football practice on Friday.
If you have any quack to share, don't forget your buddy JConant. Dude is an addict. Go Ducks!