Terry Porter, come on down! You're the next - rumored - contestant on the price is right. If Pat Kilkenny can guess what price Porter wants to be Oregon's next coach, without going over, maybe we'll have a winner. Don't forget to spay and neuter your cats and dogs...mostly dogs. Here's your quack:
- Chip Kelly put the Ducks through their second scrimmage of spring practices yesterday. The results were mixed. Pretty good performance from Darron Thomas - that's encouraging. Here's a recap from John Hunt at OregonLive. And, from Rob Moseley at the R-G.
- You can check out stats from the scrimmage at GoDucks.com.
- John Hunt says linebacker Michael Clay has been Oregon's best defensive player of the spring. Sounds like Chip Kelly agrees.
- Ducks baseball continues to roll, wrapping up it's recent road trip with a 19-9 win over Gonzaga that completed a two-game sweep of the Bulldogs. Check out the R-G recap. What really caught my eye in reviewing who did the offensive damage: SOPHOMORE KC Serna with another HR, FRESHMAN J.J. Altobelli scored three runs, FRESHMAN Steven Packard hit a 2-run homer, SOPHOMORE Danny Pulfer hit his third HR of the season, and SOPHOMORE Dylan Gavin also had a HR. Sure, I get that college baseball suffers some attrition via the MLB, but it sure looks like all the fun may be just getting started.
- The Oregonian has posted a "Where Will They Go" series about Oregon's NFL draft prospects. With video. I guess I'm most interested in where Walter Thurmond goes after working to rehab from the knee injury that cut short what was becoming an amazing senior season.
- Melinda Grier, the UO attorney who appeared at the center of all the flap about secrecy and Mike Bellotti's $2.3 million parting gift, appears to be on her way out. Jeff Manning of The Oregonian reports that Oregon President Richard Lariviere and Oregon Attorney General John Kroger are reaching out to potential replacements.
- Oregon golfer Kate Hildahl shot a career best 4-under in leading the Ducks to their best women's Pac-10 Championship finish ever. The Ducks finished third behind Arizona and UCLA.
- Might we see a whole lot of former Oregon QB Dennis Dixon this coming NFL season following Big Ben's (someone wrote Ruffiesburger yesterday - made me laugh) 6-game suspension? Or maybe an entire season of DD in the Steel City if Ben get's traded? Former NFL QB Trent Dilfer seems to think the Steelers could move on without their star sexual predator.
Well, that's what I could find this morning. Be sure to give us a hand in the comments as news breaks throughout the day. And seriously, can we drop the long-tired discussion of whether or not Ernie should have been fired? It's done. Move on. At some point in the future we'll have a new coach, he'll do his best to pick up the pieces, and the sun will continue to rise in the morning.
Happy draft day. I'm sure there will be plenty of quacking during the NFL draft..."Mr. Bradford, I'd like to introduce you to
mediocrity never ending despair and brutal beatings. Jeeves has already prepared your ice bath." Go Ducks!