Yes Duck fans, your football fix is coming soon. But spring game is still two days away, so chill out just a little longer...here's a little quack to help settle your nerves:
- The commentary about Dana Altman's hire as UO basketball coach continues. Columnist Mike Egenes considers the rapid and interconnected changes at Oregon, Creighton and Iowa State, and suggests college coaches should spare everyone the loyalty speeches. Local writer George Schroeder gets another pop on SI.com. He details Pat Kilkenny's search and suggest that UO and Altman might turn out to be a very good combination.
- Sure, we'll all be watching the QB competition that unfolds during Saturday's spring game. Also keep your eye on Oregon's next generation of defensive backs. There's reason to be very excited about this group, and Rob Moseley gives us the who's who. Here's a taste...John Neal on Eddie Pleasant at safety: "He's been phenomenal, just phenomenal. I can't give him enough praise."
- Moseley's notes on Wednesday's final spring practice prior to Saturday.
- Chip Kelly will join four other college coaches for a nine-day, eight-country goodwill tour through the middle east. Kelly's message for our troops, "Thank you."
- The no. 2 ranked Oregon men's golf team looked anything but this week, finishing sixth at the Pac-10 Conference Tournament in Tempe, AZ.
- Paul Westhead has announced two women's basketball signings, JC transfer Ashley Buis, a guard who is a two-time JC all-american, and Chynna Miley, a 6-2 forward who lead her Georgia high school team to three state titles.
Hey, if you find any spare quack laying around, but sure to pass it around. Hopefully we'll see a whole flock of quackers at the spring game...dvieira indicates a pretty good turn out from ATQ is expected. See you at Autzen!