Should be an exciting weekend in Eugene, with a baseball series, and the spring game. Make sure to remember the ATQ Spring game challenge.
- Oregon baseball hosts WSU this weekend. The Cougs are on the bottom half of the conference, while the Ducks are on a pretty decent streak, winning 9 of their last 12. Oregon could win it's 4th straight Pac-10 series this weekend.
- Bob Clark has a good piece on Justin LaTempa, who will take the hill in Oregon's second game of the series. LaTempa, a senior, had to overcome a lot to get to this point, coming from community college, and then having to miss last season due to shoulder surgery, but has become one of the keys in Oregon's surprising pitching staff.
- Not yet psyched for the spring game? We mentioned it in the comments of the quack fix yesterday, but it's just too good not to pass along again. OregonGridiron.com has a new video up on the "Oregon Spring Game Draft," which is pretty great. Also, here's a pic of the uniforms to be used on Saturday.
- One of the best aspects of the spring game will be how it will be about more than just the football team. The University will be conducting the food drive, and also raising money for the families of troops overseas. And Chip Kelly is taking it one step further, going on a trip to the Middle East, which he spoke about with KVAL.
- Matt Hinton of Dr. Saturday runs down Oregon's chances at a national title next season, and gives the Ducks only 2 out of 5 crystal balls. While I think he undersells the Oregon defense (which made huge strides last season to be tops in the Pac-10), Oregon is going to have to be so much more consistent on both sides of the ball if it wants to compete seriously for a national title.
- It seems the two inquiry's into Mike Bellotti's contract situation are over, and the results could have been predicted weeks ago: There was no criminal wrongdoing nor would public expenses be used to pay Bellotti. The AG also found the sum paid to be "not unreasonable." While this entire situation could have easily been avoided, it's good to see a bit of sanity applied.
- Lastly, Terrence Jones is announcing his college choice tonight. It seems like the Ducks are a longshot at this point, but, it's recruiting, so I'm holding out hope he'll join Dana Altman at Oregon.
Got any other quack to share with the rest of the addicts? Leave it in the comments. GO DUCKS!