Now that the 2010 Oregon Primary is behind us (and by "us" I mean "those of you who live in Oregon"), let's focus in on a real election: the 2010 Junior Duck Coloring Contest. You may enjoy your Wednesday Morning Quack Fix as soon as you've voted:
- The No. 22 Oregon baseball team evened the season series with Portland yesterday, holding off the Pilots 4-2. The Ducks improved to 35-18 on the season, including five wins in a row. Also worth noting: Red-hot Eddie Rodriquez extended his hitting streak to seven games with an RBI single in the 6th.
- LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner achieved a rare feat this past weekend, becoming only the second and third student-athletes to win two conference titles in the same academic year. The two redshirt freshman made up half of Oregon's 4x100 meter relay team, which finished fourth at the Pac-10 Championships last weekend.
- Two former Oregon WRs made the news yesterday: Marcus Maxwell signed a deal with the Seattle Seahawks and the oft-injured Demetrius Williams is impressing at the Balitmore Ravens' mini-camp.
- The Oregonian's Bob Rickert continues his "Random Recruit" series with a post on Kasen Williams, the nation's top-rated WR recruit out of Washington State who just happens to be the son of former Husky Aaron Williams. The odds are slim we land Williams, but you never know.
- In other sports news, the Oregon women's golf team sits in 21st place out of 24 teams after the first of four rounds at the NCAA Women's Golf Championships in Wilmington, N.C. Freshman Cheyenne Hickle is pacing the Ducks after shooting a one-under 71 yesterday.
As always, leave any relevant links or comments below.