Not a lot to cover, so let's get right to it. Here's your Wednesday Morning Quack Fix:
- The No. 15 Ducks couldn't get the bats going last night and fell to Portland, 3-1. Pilots freshman hurler Chris Johnson pitched seven strong innings, limiting Oregon to four hits and a walk. The Ducks get today and tomorrow off before returning to the diamond Friday for a three-game series in Corvallis.
- In better baseball-related news, the awards continued to roll in for Oregon's Justin LaTempa following his one-hitter last Saturday. After taking home the Pac-10 Pitcher of the Week award yesterday, the senior right-hander was named pitcher of the week by National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association, as well as CollegeBaseball360.com.
- ESPN.com's Ted Miller listed his post-spring breakout players for the Pac-10 yesterday. On his list for Oregon were Justin Hoffman and Dion Jordan.
- Did anyone catch this New York Times article on Oregon's offseason off-field issues last Friday?
- And finally, some relatively out-of-date news (courtesy of jessenumber1): Oregon freshman Chris Becker won the individual title at mid-April's Collegiate Disc Golf Championships in Augusta, Georgia. In news years, that's like a million ago, but a national championship is a national championship.
As always, leave any relevant links or comments below.