Baseball has dropped the last two games to the Beavers in dramatic fashion but don't let that fool you into believing that baseball hasn't arrived in a big way this season. Sure, Oregon State fans will rub it in a bit with winning the series, but let's be honest here. At this point in the season, this series means a lot more to them then it does to us. We haven't hurt our position for the post-season while they were looking out over the cliff before stepping away from the edge the last two days. We don't want to lose this game though and even though we haven't come through on the scoreboard, we've been in a position to win the last two games. Let's hope the ball bounces our way today. Feel free to talk about the game in this thread.
Here comes the quack!
- Canzano discusses "Golfcart-gate" or whatever it is the media is calling it. I've seen a lot of folks jump on Canzano's case for not ripping into the Beavers, saying Riley has lost control of his program and what have you but he makes a good point. Oregon is in a different place right now, both nationally and regionally then the Beavers and we shouldn't get on the media for handling them differently. Afterall, we get more of the positive pub, we should get more of the negative pub too.
- Baseball fell to Oregon State yesterday, 4-3, in the bottom of the 11th inning. The Ducks fall to 30-17 while the Beavers improved to 23-17.
- Speaking of 11 inning games, softball got a big win against Arizona yesterday 2-1. The Ducks improved to a record of 33-15.
- Guess who's going to the post-season for the first time in a decade. Give up? It's the women's golf team! The #32 ranked Ducks finished 6th in the NCAA Central Regional tournament this weekend and will head on to the NCAA Tournament.
- Lots of track notes. Amber Purvis is featured in her home townpaper, discussing her injuries and road to her place on the UO Track Team. Associate Head Coach Robert Johnson was profiled by his hometown paper. What events will AJ Acosta participate in?
- Finally, we have this feature about interim athletic director Lorraine Davis and how she is taking to the position so far.
That's it for the quack today. Enjoy the baseball game and let's hope for a big Ducks win. Having to deal with a sweep at work next week will be brutal on me. So while you're getting your quack fix for today Mr. Horton, please help a humble ATQ editor out. Go Ducks!