You know it's gonna be a slow day for quack when you look in Google news and see nothing except the same articles Paul posted yesterday. Are all writers on vacation or something? Don't they understand it's t-minus whatever until football and we're dying a little bit every day?
Here's what I could find:
- Praise Juju for Rob Moseley who takes an in-depth look at Oregon's thin receiver position and some incoming freshman who might make an impact sooner rather than later.
- Speaking of bolstering the receiving corp, it appears Oregon is the early leader in recruiting for WR Tacoi Sumler (ESPN no. 44). Another Florida kid, Sumler reportedly runs a 4.33. Some video clips here.
- In case you missed it yesterday, former Oregon guard Luke Ridnour has agreed to a 4-year, $16 million deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Rid has bounced around a bit lately, but give the guy some due. He's still ballin' at a high level in the NBA.
- Oregon and Tennessee fans both have been tortured by off-the-field problems this off season. As UT's most recent incident continues to be investigated, first-year coach Derek Dooley is continuing his crusade to change the culture surrounding the Vols. The Ducks and Vols will square Sept. 11, in Knoxville, TN.
Question: has UT lost too many horses to stay in the race with a veteran Oregon team?
- Lastly, an unfortunate note to add. Former UO athletic director John Caine - who hired Rich Brooks - passed away last week at the age of 85.
Hey, turn that frown upside down! No doubt some fresh, new quack will pop up later today. Then you can play ATQ contributor by posting in comments or in a fan post. BTW, I saw some local boys in blue making an arrest near Gateway a couple evenings back. My first reaction..."oh crap".