OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! It's finally here! In a few short hours, the Ducks will take the field, and college football will be on for real. Here's a bit of quack to get you started on your day.
- Rob Moseley has a sobering thought for us all: Indiana. New Mexico may be bad, but this is college football, and the Ducks need to bring their best. The fact that they're talking about this, and focused at the game at hand bodes well.
- Ken Woody has a short piece in the Register Guard, on the zone blocking schemes the Ducks employ. While short, it's really good, and does a great job describing what the offensive and defensive linemen must do to win that oft-overlooked battle.
- Moseley also has a Q&A with Casey Matthews. If the Ducks defense is gonna take that next step, Matthews will be a huge part of that, and it sounds like he's ready.
- It's tough to get all that excited about New Mexico, but John Hunt has a preview up, and talks a bit about New Mexico's spread attack, and how the Ducks aren't exactly sure what form that will take. But hey, the Duck coaching staff is prepared for the unknown, and can adapt their scheme at any time, unlike some other team.
- There's more than just football going on this fall. Oregon women's soccer won yesterday, beating UC Davis 3-1, and two freshmen made an impact in the first cross country race of the year.
Stick around and discuss all college football, and we'll have an open thread up when game time rolls around. GO DUCKS!