Is it Saturday yet? Here's your Wednesday Morning Quack Fix:
- If you haven't already, go ahead and circle Sept. 3, 2011 on your calendars now, as Oregon and LSU have agreed to face off in Cowboys Stadium next fall to kick off their respective seasons. As if I wasn't already excited enough for my trip to Knoxville this weekend, I already have another non-conference Ducks game to look forward to for next year.
- The Ducks are cranking up the heat and the volume this week as they get ready for their debut at Tennessee's raucous Neyland Stadium. Meanwhile, in Knoxville, it appears the word of the week is speed. As in the Ducks are fast, and Matt Simms' and his receiving corps will need to grow up fast.
- The Ducks jumped four and three spots, respectively, in this week's AP and Coaches' polls, to No. 7 and No. 8.
- Congratulations to Kenjon Barner and Cliff Harris, who were both named Pac-10 Players of the Week yesterday. Barner was a lock to take home the award, but I wasn't as sure about Harris. Glad he got his due, as both returns were pretty electrifying.
- And finally, Oregon's very own Duck is one of 16 collegiate mascots featured in the 2010 Capital One Mascot Challenge. Make sure you vote!
- In other sports, the No. 19 Oregon volleyball team improved to 6-0 with a 3-2 win over Portland State last night. Also of note, both the men and women's cross country teams open the 2010 season in Corvallis on Friday. Both teams are ranked in the nation's preseason top five.
As always, leave any relevant links or comments below.