After a pretty quiet week, we get a basketball game tomorrow, and I'm actually looking forward to it, even if the Ducks aren't the most talented team around.
- The basketball Civil War has not meant a whole lot during my time as a Duck fan. OSU may have a great history as a program, but they were historically bad when Oregon was at its peak as a program, and Oregon won 26/30 from 1994 to 2008. But OSU seems to be a program on the rise, and the Ducks are rebuilding. As OSU clearly has the better basketball program right now, George Schroeder asks if the Beavers can make this Civil War role reversal stick. With the resources that Oregon has, and a quality coach in place, it seems like a matter of time before Oregon passes OSU in basketball. This game really is a must-win for the Beaver fanbase. Losing to the Ducks at home, after having to endure all the Oregon football coverage for the past few months, would be devastating.
- In the latest Joevan Catron update, it sounds like he'll make an effort to play tomorrow against the Beavers, but it doesn't sound like a sure thing.
- The Oregon women have their first game at Matt Court on Sunday, and they'll be led by guard Nia Jackson. She's taken the lead in the scoring lately, averaging 23 points per game over a three game stretch.
- Oregon is on the verge of signing the best recruiting class in school history (don't we say that every year?), and it shouldn't come as a surprise that Don Pellum was named the best recruiting coordinator in college football by ESPN's Ryan McGee. Coordinating the Ducks nationwide recruiting search is a daunting task, and Pellum has helped take the Ducks from a regional team, to a national team. While all of Oregon's coaches deserve just as much credit, it's nice to see a Duck getting some well-deserved recognition.
- Speaking of recruiting, Matt Prehm of Duck Territory recently did a podcast with the guys at 541radio.com. He talked about Oregon's recruiting prospects. He talked a bit about Devon Blackmon and Colt Lyerla, whose athleticism is pretty astounding even though he reportedly weighs 240 pounds. Matt talks about a whole lot of prospects and players (including Seastrunk rumors), so check it out.
- Bob Rickert has another recruiting update. The Ducks are in the top two for 3-star DE Branden Jackson. He's the teamnate of one of the Ducks top targets, DT Delvon Simmons, who may sign to Oregon.
- A bit of Pac-12 news, USC is making its final NCAA appeal today. I doubt they'll get any lenience from the NCAA, because, well, it's the NCAA. But it's also pretty clear they weren't treated in the same manner as tOSU or Auburn were this season.
- If you're in Eugene, don't forget to check out the Champions Parade that is taking place tomorrow morning. It was a great year to be a Duck, so get out there are show our teams some love.
Got any other quack? Leave it in the comments. GO DUCKS!