You feeling the hate yet? I know I am. Here's your quack.
- I'm not really sure what Chip Kelly is trying to accomplish, but after saying after Saturday's game that he knew who Oregon's QB would be on Saturday, he's now saying that whoever practices better will play. Kelly has intimated that Thomas' injury played a part in him being benched, but if that's the case, why don't you just say that?
- What's concerning to me, I'm actually agreeing with George Schroeder. Why in the world does Chip feel the need to be cryptic on this, while offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich states the obvious? I just don't get it. While this will likely result in nothing adverse for the team, there is little to be gained by actively creating a distraction that other coaches and players will have to deal with every time they talk to the media.
- Matt Hinton has the latest from the BCS. After the Ducks' opening night loss to LSU, many wrote off the Ducks. And would you look at that, the Ducks are right in the thick of the national discussion. Hinton breaks down the undefeated and one-loss jockeying. Another interesting note, he says that if undefeated Stanford gets shut out of the title game, it would be the worst snub in BCS history.
- Bill Connelly has a couple interesting articles today. First, over at the mothership, he takes a look at initial impressions, and says that Oregon is playing at a high level, and more consistently, than last season. This is coroborated by a piece today at Football Outsiders. The Ducks are sitting at #4 in the latest F/+ rankings, and according to his Standard Deviation, are one of the most consistent teams in the country.
- Rob Moseley has a stat comparison between Oregon and washington. Looking at the numbers, it becomes more understandable why Oregon opened as 16.5 point favorites. But though Oregon will have a number of advantages, Chip Kelly was clear that they have a number of mistakes they'll need to clean up this week.
- It was a tough weekend for Oregon volleyball. They dropped a home match to Utah on Friday night, though came back with a sweep over winless (in conference) Colorado.
Got anything else? Leave it below. GO DUCKS!