Oregon's new uniforms are the big story today, so check out our article and discussion here. Here's the other quack I could scrounge up.
- Aaron Fentress chats with Tom Mulhern of the Wisconsin State Journal, and chat about the size vs. speed aspect of the Rose Bowl. In the end, both give Oregon the edge in the game. Fentress says that Wisconsin doesn't have the elite defense that has slowed down Oregon in the past, while Mulhern says that Oregon's speedy linebackers could give Wisconsin problems like TCU did last year.
- Paul Buker and Aaron Fentress take a look at how Oregon can exploit Wisconsin's weaknesses, and how Oregon can be exploited.
- Matt Prehm compares the Oregon and Wisconsin receivers. He shockingly gives Oregon the edge, I guess on talent rather than production.
- With the Ducks in the Rose Bowl, there is a lot being written about the Ducks last Rose Bowl win in 1917. Rob Moseley takes a look at the game, where it was assumed that Oregon had no chance against might Penn, but the Ducks won 14-0. Penn was so confident that they'd win, Penn's coach showed Oregon coach Hugo Bezdek how to run their famous reverse pass, which Oregon then used to score a touchdown.
- Meanwhile, over at Duck Down, benzduck takes a look at how folks in Eugene kept up with the team before the advent of radio. This is something that had never even crossed my mind, but is fascinating.
- Pac-12 basketball kicks off this week. Bob Clark has his season preview. The Pac-12 is really, really bad. No teams are ranked in the top 25, and the conference will likely be staring at another meager postseason.
That's all for now. If you've got anything else, leave it below. GO DUCKS!