An entertaining Alamo Bowl ending with a Baylor win and a surprising romp by the basketball team makes for a pretty good night. Enjoy your Friday fix.
- Rob Moseley writes that the one thing that LaMichael James is missing is a defining moment in a BCS bowl game. In his two BCS appearances, James has just 28 carries for 119 yards Moseley and Adam Jude also have a some notes up that include some quotes from the team on James and his now infamous picture from Space Mountain.
- Jude thinks that Wisconsin will attempt to do what most Oregon opponents try: to keep the ball away from the Duck's offense. I think it all comes down to is whether or not Oregon can get into a consistent rhythm on offense. If they do, they can put some pressure on the Badgers, which can lead to more opportunities on offense.
- The men's basketball team opened up the Pac-12 schedule with a 92-75 victory against Washington State. As a team, the Ducks shot nearly 70% from the field and were led by Olu Ashaolu and his 23 points. Hopefully the Ducks will carry the momentum into the Washington game on Saturday.
- George Schroeder wonders if the extra time for Wisconsin to prepare will mean another loss for the Ducks.
- Ted Miller had several pieces on Oregon and the Rose Bowl yesterday. In case you missed it yesterday morning, Ted writes that it's unlikely the Ducks will be leaving the national scene any time soon. He followed that up with a post on Oregon's new uniforms. He also has the highlights from yesterday's press conference, including some great quotes from Helfrich. Finally, here's a video preview of the Rose Bowl.
- Charles has his second video previewing what we might see against Wisconsin. Good stuff, as always.
- The Washington State women's basketball team also scored 75 against the Ducks last night. Unfortunately, the Lady Ducks only managed only 47 as both Amanda Johnson and Nia Jackson were out with injuries.