You know what you do when your kids get you up on Saturday, it's rainy and there are absolutely no sports on TV? You make an impromptu Quack Fix, that's what:
- Tyler Anderson was brilliant as he most likely closed out his Oregon baseball career with a 7 and 1/3 one run outing. Oregon was able to put up 4 to take the first game of the series in the Civil War 4-1. KC Serna and Aaron Jones had RBIs with Serna's coming off a home run in the 7th inning. Good to see the bullpen and the bats were able to give Anderson this victory.
- Speaking of Anderson, his 10 strikeouts tied his single-game record against a Pac-10 opponent, and his 114 strikeouts on the season break the previous Oregon single-season record of 105 that Anderson set in 2010.
- The lady Diamond Ducks were not as fortunate yesterday as Florida took the first game of the Super Regional 9-1. Oregon is going to have to get things going today if they want to stay in the post season.
- In track and field news, it looks like the Ducks are loading up on qualifiers for the NCAA Championships.
- Finally, Oregon got a new commitment at QB from 6-3 215 pound Jake Rodrigues. It sounds like the kid's stock is rising quickly and he already has a very impressive offer sheet. Good to see guys like this picking Oregon early in the process.
- Here's a video of Rodrigues. Not a lot of break away speed, but great size and a pretty good arm too.
That's all the quack I got. If you find some more drop it in the comments and I'll swing by to pick it up. I guess I'm going to go watch some French Open until the Civil War comes on at 2pm. This time of year blows. BRING BACK FOOTBALL!!!!